Keeping You Informed: COVID-19 Response
As always, YMCA Camp Eberhart remains committed to maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy environment for our staff, campers, and guests. In partnership with the American Camping Association (ACA) and the Michigan YMCA Camping Network (MYCN), we are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and are actively discussing the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Summer 2020 Overnight Youth Programming has been canceled in response to COVID-19. Day Camp will still run beginning with Session 3 on June 29, 2020.
We are taking several precautions to mitigate risk for our camper and staff in response to COVID-19. Below are a number of steps we have taken:
- YMCA Camp Eberhart has created a COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that has been shared with our local Health Department.
- Our staff has been trained in preventative measures to limit the spread of Covid-19 including signs and symptoms, proper disinfection practices, and when and how to properly use personal protective equipment to keep them and others safe.
- Procedures are in place to temperature screen campers and staff upon arrival.
- YMCA Camp Eberhart employs a camp nurse to be onsite every day.
2020 Overnight Camp
As of May 20, 2020, Camp Eberhart has canceled all youth resident camp programs for Summer 2020. Additionally, the first two weeks of day camp programs have been canceled. Direct communication has been sent to all families and staff with more information.
Families who have children registered for this summer have the following options:
- Transfer Session/Payments to Summer 2021 — Session will transfer to identical session in 2021. There will be no fees applied to 2021 session changes made before March 1, 2021.
- Donate Registration Fees to Camp — You have the option to donate your full or partial registration fees.
- Receive a Full Refund — Receive back your deposit and fees.
There are many logistical details for us all to sort out as a result of this decision. The button below will take you to a Google Form where you can let us know how your family would like to proceed regarding your 2020 camp registration.
Please note that to ensure all requests are properly fulfilled, we ask they are received in writing. Please fill out the Google Form to provide information about your camper(s) and which of the options above you would like to move forward with. Please fill out one form per camper. Once you have completed this, we will reach out to you to process your request.
We will continue to keep you updated as information pertaining to summer 2020 as it evolves.
There are a number of useful resources available to assist families in understanding the current situation including these below:
Talking with your child about the coronavirus: NPR Life Kit Podcast has published "Coronavirus and Parenting: What You Need To Know."
Psychology Today has published "How to Talk to Your Anxious Child About the Coronavirus."
Additional resources and information on the coronavirus: