Day Camp: What to Expect
We're so excited to welcome you for a week (or two or three) of day camp at YMCA Camp Eberhart!
Drop-Off/Pick-Up at Camp Eberhart
- Day Camp Barn morning drop-off: between 8:45- 9:00 AM
Day Camp Barn afternoon pick up: between 4:15-4:30 PM
Sign-in is required at both drop-off and pick-up. Please remain in your car and follow the car line up to staff. We check IDs at every pick-up until we begin to recognize your face and name. This is for your child's safety. If you are not the one picking up your camper, please update additional information on your camp account OR speak to the Day Camp director. If you need to pick up your camper early, please contact the office ahead of time so your camper will be ready. If your camper is going to miss a day of camp or be late, please call the office ASAP.
- Granger St. Pius morning parent drop-off: 8:00 AM
Granger St. Pius afternoon bus pick-up: 5:30 PM
- Cassopolis morning parent drop-off: 8:30 AM
- Cassopolis afternoon bus pick-up: 5:00 PM
Please find a camp staff member and form a single file line with you and your camper. Masks should be worn while waiting to check in your camper and please socially distance! Your camper will get on the bus once we have a guardian signature. Please think of any questions to ask our staff members at this time. If it is not urgent, feel free to send an email or call our office. The sooner we can get the kids on the bus the more fun we can have at camp! Please be on time.
The bus will only wait 10 MINUTES after the designated time.
Here are a few things to note before sending your camper to camp on Monday morning!
- One of the most important things to bring to camp is a water bottle! It’s important our campers stay hydrated and have enough energy to do all the fun activities camp has to offer. We will have refill stations all around camp and our staff will constantly give out reminders to their group to drink more water.
- We swim every single day! Please send your child to camp with a towel, and a plastic bag to put their wet swimsuit in. The beachfront gets very hot during the day, so sunscreen is a necessity! Our staff makes sure every child has sunscreen on them before we go swimming. If your child does not come to camp with sunscreen/ runs out of it, we will provide sunscreen for them. Please let us know if your child has any allergies to sunscreen.
- Please label all items with your camper's name! Day Camp is an always-moving program, so items tend to get left behind. A labeled item will ensure its return to your camper!
- Camp requires a lot of walking through nature! Close-toed shoes or sandals with straps are recommended. Please no flip-flops. Backpacks are also necessary- make sure your child is comfortable and ready to explore! Rock climbing and horseback riding require closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to send your camper with a COMFORTABLE backpack. Camp requires a lot of walking. Backpacks with thick straps are preferred.
- Our waterfront store is open every day after swimming. Campers have the option to purchase a small ice cream treat or drink. These tend to be between $2-$4. I recommend $28 in your child's store account. This includes a small treat every day AND the purchase of a white t-shirt for Tie-Dye! Check their balance online or call our office if you need help.
- A schedule will be sent home with your child during their week at camp. This will give you the opportunity to talk to your campers every evening about their programs, and plan ahead! Rock climbing and horseback riding require closed toed shoes.
- Please note, that your camper(s) will get a snack in the afternoon. If you choose to send your own snack, it must be nut-free as we are a nut-free facility.
- Camp Eberhart has an on-site photographer who posts pictures daily of the kiddos. To check out these pictures, go to ymcacampeberhart.smugmug.com. The password will be given to family members next week.
- Rain doesn't stop us! Day Camp continues in the rain, but we close activities at the first sound of thunder. Please check the weather every morning and send your camper with appropriate clothing. It doesn't hurt to keep a light jacket in their backpack.
Thank you for helping us keep YMCA Camp Eberhart Day Camp a safe and healthy place to be!
- Please keep your child home if there are any indications of sickness (temperature, sore throat, cough, breathing issues, diarrhea or vomiting, headaches w/fever), and then keep us informed.
- We ask that you screen your child prior to drop off.
- We will have routine handwashing and hand sanitizing times.
- We will keep children in groups throughout the day.
- We will clean after each rotation.
- We will teach about physical distance and good hand hygiene.
In line with guidance from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, our mask policy is as follows:
- Masks are required to wear masks during public transportation for all passengers over 2 years of age.
- Masks will be worn when campers are unable to safely physically distance
Please note, Resident Camp COVID-19 guidance differs from Day Camp COVID-19 guidance.
Day campers will be served hot lunch every day. From pizza to chicken nuggets, we're sure your camper will love our food! A cold bar also offers additional options. Please update online medical forms with any dietary restrictions.